News, Announcements & Events
Gobal Environmental Law Centre
GLOBAL ENVIRONMENTAL LAW CENTRE
The University of the Western Cape’s Global Environmental Law Centre (GELC) strives for research, teaching and knowledge exchange in a wide range of interconnected areas of global environmental law and governance. The GELC is situated in the Department of Public Law and Jurisprudence, Faculty of Law. The GELC is looking to appoint a part time Researcher (12 months) to assist with research and teaching activities. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and willing to make a significant contribution to the research areas of the GELC.
The successful candidate for the contract position at the GELC will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
- Work closely with the Acting Director towards advancing the research areas of the GELC;
- Manage the GELC social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and assist with the updating of the webpage
- Assist with the organising of GELC research activities - such as webinars, public lectures, GELC launch event, book launch
- Guest lecturing – specifically Research Methodology workshops with the GELC postgraduate students
- Assist with postgraduate, particularly LLM research supervision
- General administration
Minimum Requirements for the position:
- LLD or equivalent in the field of public law and governance, specifically environmental law and governance
- Knowledge and experience in legal research methods
The following will serve as a strong recommendation in being considered for appointment:
- Supervision experience at LLB or Masters level
- Teaching experience at LLB or Masters level
- Research publications
*Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be considered for an interview.
- Send a CV, cover letter and 2 reference letters to
- The application must include a research and publication plan aligned with the GELC research areas for the duration of the part-time contract.
- For an overview of the GELC research areas, see https://gelc.org.za/index.php/research- areas
Closing Date: 29 April 2022
Starting Date: 1 May 2022 or 1 June 2022